Our modern way of life has a serious impact on the environment. The survival of this planet depends to a large extent on our behavior and choices, but unfortunately nothing seems to change.
Phenomena such as frequent and intense droughts, storms, heat waves, high sea levels, melting glaciers and warming oceans have a direct impact on all living things. The environmental changes are enormous in every aspect of life, but also affect several infrastructures of our communities all around the world. As climate change occurs, the intensity of dangerous weather phenomena worsens, and the direct and indirect consequences seem extremely serious.
Climate change affects us all! Photography captures the signs of this change that helps us observe their effects on everyday life. It also helps us acknowledge them in order to predict future harmful situations.
However, photography inspires us all by creating several emotional reactions through images. It also contributes substantially to the creation of "empathy" mechanisms and generally sensitizes us to the future of our planet! Additionally, photographs of our environment and everyday life may help us change our common perceptions of environmental changes and potentially have the power to make us all think constructively.
The Corinthian International Photography Festival invites photographers around the world to capture the images of climate change concerning the personal, social, environmental areas of our lives, as we face these great and extraordinary ecological challenges.
Anastasis Protopapas MA / BA Art Director of Corinthian International Photography Festival 2022
The photo that accompanies the publication belongs to the photographer Tasos Biris
Project: "The breath of Darth Vader", Title: "Burned soccer field at Vassilika North Evia", ©Tasos Biris, August 2021
Terms and Conditions of the International Photography Competition
The Peloponnesian Institute of the Arts and the Corinthian Photography Club is organizing the Corinthian International Photography Festival 2022 / Corinth Exposed International Photography Festival 2022. The competition is part of the Festival's activity and the 20 photographs selected by the Jury will be exposed at one of the most beautiful museums in Greece. The venue and exact date will be announced soon.
Submission deadline: 29 April 2022 at 16:00 UTC.
Each entry is considered valid if the terms and conditions of the competition are fulfilled as described below.
* The jury reserves the right to cancel the entries that don't follow the terms and conditions of the competition.
How to submit your entry
1) This competition is open to all individuals aged 18 or over, either professional or amateur photographers.
2) Entries must be received by 16:00 UTC on 29th of April 2022.
3) Only one entry per person will be accepted. The participants may send (1) to (5) photographs to the judging committee using the online submission form.
4) Please include the following information: Name, Surname, Middle name, Telephone number, Country/City, E-mail address, Number of photographs (1-5) and link(s) to your photographs.
5) The photos must be submitted as .JPEG images original files so that if selected it can be printed in the proper resolution. All entries must be sent via the online submission form.
6) The judging committee holds the right of excluding any participant.
Terms and conditions
1) Only entries fulfilling the conditions mentioned below will be accepted.
2) The participants must own the images and hold the copyright of their work. The photographs must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that have not permission to be used, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed to third parties. In any of those cases exists the organizers do not hold any responsibility.
3) Entrants confirm that each individual whose image is featured in the Competition entry has given consent for the use of his/her image in connection with this Competition and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Where an individual whose image is featured in a Competition entry is aged less than 18 years the entrant confirms that the parent or guardian of that individual has given the relevant consent.
4) All the winning photographs will be selected by the judging committee and will be exposed at one of the most beautiful museums in Greece.
5) The entries selected are also the winners of the competition.
6) The Winners of the competition will be informed by email or phone following the end of the competition in order to digitally send all the photographic high-resolution files for printing via We Transfer.
7) All printing expenses are covered completely by the organizers.
8) The photographs must not include the name of the artist-photographer using graphic design.
9) The organizers hold the right to cancel the competition.
10) All news regarding the exact dates of exhibitions and relevant events will be announced through the official festival website www.corinthexposed.gr.
11) The organizers hold the right to use any photographs sent by the participants for any kind of promotional activity regarding the festival by mentioning creator's name.
12) The participation submission is considered by the festival organizers as equivalent to a signed acceptance on behalf of the participant to all the above terms and conditions.